Some Summer fun facts:
1. The “dog days of summer” refer to the weeks between July 3 and August 11 and are named after the Dog Star (Sirius) in the Canis Major constellation. The ancient Greeks blamed Sirius for the hot temperatures, drought, discomfort, and sickness that occurred during the summer.
2. In the United States, over 650 million long-distance summer trips are made.
3. July is National Ice Cream Month. Americans eat an average 20 quarts of ice cream a year. Vanilla is the most popular flavor, with chocolate coming in a distant second.
Have you heard?
Kokua Roofing was recently named one of the top 10 Roofing Contractors in Hawaii in 2018. We are proud to be recognized for this achievement and thank our loyal customers for your continued support! Click here to read more!
Upcoming Summer events in Hawai’i:
- 22nd Annual Haleiwa Arts Festival, North Shore – July 13-14
- 34th Annual Koloa Plantation Parade & Park Event, Kauai – July 27
- Christmas in July Art, Gift, Jewelry & Craft Fair, Kailua Kona – July 2
Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club
The team at Kokua recently completed this large, labor-intensive project. The multi-phased project features a custom Terra-Cotta color, CertainTeed roof shingle system that was specifically made for this facility. And what a beautiful result! Check out videos of this stunning property on our new YouTube Channel!